Do you like being at the forefront of innovation? Do you have an appetite for products achieving high standards? Fluidic Analytics is a dynamic, early-stage company that is developing products that enable a better understanding of the biological world in real time. We envision a future where our tools are transforming decision making in research labs, clinics and even in the home.
We are seeking a fantastic test engineer to help us drive the development of our cloud connected Android driven microfluidic-based instrumentation and pipeline of cutting-edge products. Our software is the primary interface between our products and our customers, and underpins our ambition to build a world leading med-tech company.
As our Software Test Engineer, you will be central to the full life cycle development of our software, as we take our instruments from R&D to product launch. You will be part of a small but growing team of developers, working side by side with R&D, commercial and customers to test software that not only provides a seamless user experience but continues to add value even when they’re not using our hardware.
- UI driven testing of graphical/mobile platforms such as Android, iOS or Windows
- Software testing of Cloud Web services/apps
- Designing, developing and maintaining automated test cases
- Hands-on experience in white-box and black-box testing
- Previous experience with virtualisation/containerisation/DevOps
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum continuous development software life cycle models
- VCS management (branching, merging etc)
- Configuring and managing continuous integration (CI) systems
- Previous experience working in an R&D environment leading to commercial product launch
- Proactive and self manging with experience of working on multiple products
- A high level of competence, integrity and communication
Nice to haves
- Software testing of M2M control or IOT/Sensor networks
- Experience in ORM/DAO
- Experience of testing within a quality framework such as ISO-9001 or ISO-13485 or similar
- Penetration testing
- An understanding of control system elements (sensors, actuators, controllers) would be useful
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, technology-driven biotech start-up and drive the development of one of the core pillars of its growth strategy: software. Benefits include share package, our central Cambridge location, pension scheme, 24 days holiday and access to Cycle-to-Work and similar schemes. Plus, flexible hours and all the IT resources you need to do your best.
If you want to be part of an incredible team, apply today. Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com and we will be in touch shortly.