As a software engineer at Fluidic Analytics, you will have strong teamworking skills, have a hacker mindset and play a leading role in the development of our instruments from R&D to product launch.
You will work with the hardware team, writing code to control research and prototype instruments, and to collect and manipulate data from the instruments.
Fluidic Analytics is a dynamic, early-stage company that designs, develops and manufactures products that are revolutionising healthcare research through measurement of proteins. We envision a world where protein analysis is as routine as DNA sequencing, providing real-time information to guide decisions in the lab, at the bedside or even in the home.
- Excellent programming experience in Python and C
- Experience writing software that interfaces with hardware e.g. pumps and Robotic devices
- Skilled at data manipulation and presentation
- Software testing experience including writing automated test scripts
- Experience of developing API’s to control bespoke electronic equipment
- Ability to work on your own and organise work tasks to deadlines with little supervision
- Practical pragmatic results-oriented mindset
- Ability to take requirements from non-software scientists, design a solution and explain back to them what you are proposing in non-software language that they will understand.
- A high-level of competence, integrity and communication
Nice to haves
- Experience programming LABVIEW and/or C#
- Experience programming in Java
- Experience breadboarding and programming Raspberry Pi and/or microcontrollers such as PIC, STM32, Arduino, BeagleBone or similar
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, technology-driven biotech start-up and drive the development of one of the core pillars of its growth strategy: software. Benefits include share package, our central Cambridge location, pension scheme, 24 days holiday and access to Cycle-to-Work and similar schemes. Plus, flexible hours and all the IT resources you need to do your best.
If you want to be part of an incredible team, apply today. Send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch shortly.