Fluidic Analytics is a dynamic, early-stage company that designs, develops and manufactures products that are revolutionising healthcare research through measurement of proteins. We envision a world where protein analysis is as routine as DNA sequencing, providing real-time information to guide decisions in the lab, at the bedside or even in the home.
We are seeking a passionate software engineer to help us drive the development of our microfluidics cutting-edge Cloud connected Android driven instrumentation. Our software is the primary interface between our products and our customers and underpins our ambition to build a world leading med-tech company.
As a Software Engineer, you will design, develop and maintain software as we take our instruments from R&D to product launch. You will work in both Cloud development and Embedded Android development. You must be motivated to work in both areas but will have experience of Cloud development and a desire to work with Android. You will work side by side with R&D, commercial and customers to develop software that not only provides a seamless user experience but continues to add value even when they’re not using our hardware.
- An understanding of highly available, scalable Web Services/apps and some experience writing and testing software in these environments
- An understanding of operating system architectures and some experience writing low level device drivers/daemons/services.
- A willingness to work in both Cloud application development and Android/Linux Kernel development
- Some software testing experience
- Some experience of using open data interchange formats such as JSON or XML
- Previous experience working in an R&D environment leading to product launch
- A high-level of competence, integrity and communication
Nice to haves
- Experience of continuous development software life cycle models
- Software testing and managing continuous integration (CI) systems
- Experience programming microcontrollers such as PIC, STM32, Arduino or similar
- Customer-facing software development experience
- Database development experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, technology-driven biotech start-up and drive the development of one of the core pillars of its growth strategy: software. Benefits include share package, our central Cambridge location, pension scheme, 24 days holiday and access to Cycle-to-Work and similar schemes. Plus, flexible hours and all the IT resources you need to do your best.
If you want to be part of an incredible team, apply today. Send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch shortly.