We require an experienced Shipping and Receiving Technician with knowledge of Shipping domestically and internationally, knowledge of Incoterms, import and export, shipping documentation, being the main customs liaison for the business. This role will also involve Goods In receiving of stock and stock management activities.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the efficient export of consumables and equipment in-line with business need, whilst ensuring that the business complies with UK and international trading, import and export regulations. This position is an excellent opportunity for applicants from a logistics or shipping background, looking to build upon their knowledge of import and export processes and regulations.
· To fully prepare domestic and international shipments of consumables and products
· To provide guidance, direction to internal and external groups on delivery times and costs
· To understand and fully comply with export regulations providing accurate shipping paperwork
· Complete shipping certificates EUR 1, ATA etc, ensuring compliance with the authorities
· Work collaboratively with internal and external partners on all shipment activities
· General shipping administration activities
Goods In Receiving
The applicant will manage the day to day receiving of goods, quality checking and booking stock into the system. This role will also involve stock management working alongside the Production team.
• Ensure best practice stock control
• Kitting Works Orders
• Unpacking of goods
• Distribute mail and internal goods as they arrive
• General inspection and signing of stock receipts
• Booking stock into MRP system
• Organising stock on shelves and bins.
• Packing goods for shipping or returns
• Assisting in stock audits.
• Assisting in general production tasks (Chip coating)
• Keeping stores/work areas neat and tidy
Requirements of the Candidate:
Minimum 2 years’ experience within Shipping, logistics, import or export field; in-house or with a forwarder
Previous handling of stock and all-round stores experience
Familiar with Export Documentation, Export Regulations and IATA regulations
Strong communication, teamwork and relationship building skills
Excellent IT Skills, knowledge of ERP or similar advantageous
Able to lift loads and move goods
A second European language is advantageous
· Share package
· Pension scheme
· 24 days holiday
· Cycle-to-work and similar schemes
· Flexible working hours
. Childcare Vouchers
Interested in Learning More?
Please send your CV and a covering letter to us at email@example.com and we will be in touch shortly.