Purpose of the Job
As Fluidic Analytics’ Product Marketing Associate you will ensure that customers clearly understand the benefits of our products, and through ongoing programs of marketing drive customer awareness and acquisition. You’ll organise and execute high impact product launches, and ensure systems are in place to monitor their success and ROI. You’ll become an expert in our products and help position Fluidic Analytics as thought leaders in the protein analysis space.
About the Company
Proteins are the building blocks of life. They form the structure of cells, regulate cellular activity and carry out the biochemical processes that underpin function in every living organism. Just as DNA tells what could happen over lifetimes, proteins and their behaviour tell us what is happening now.
Fluidic Analytics envisions a world where information about proteins and their behaviour transforms our understanding of how the biological world operates, and helps all of us make better decisions about how we diagnose diseases, develop treatments and maintain our personal well-being.
By building the world’s best tools, software and services for protein characterisation and making them universally accessible in the lab, in the clinic or at home, we are making this vision a reality not just for a small group of expert users, but for everyone who can benefit.
Our products are based on a fundamentally new technology platform developed at the University of Cambridge. This platform enables the rapid characterisation of proteins based on the physical properties that determine their function. And because proteins are characterised in solution and in their natural state – without the need for surfaces, matrices or ionisation – this platform gives our customers access to unique quantitative insights into protein behaviour that are not accessible using other approaches.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure customers understand the benefits of our products through clear and compelling product marketing
- Be an external facing product expert, convert technical positioning information into key market messages that clearly convey the “So what?” of our products.
- Maintain a clear understanding of our competitors, and articulate clearly to customers how our products are positioned against them.
- Create product collateral and standard product tailored presentations that are aligned to the typical buying process for our sales team to use.
- Ensure we understand who the customers for our products are, and execute an ongoing program of marketing to reach and acquire them
- Define customer segments and buyer personas to more effectively direct the marketing activities.
- Plan and execute an ongoing program of marketing across multiple channels to engage potential customers.
- Identify customer success stories, get buy-in from customers to become evangelists for our products, and gathering testimonials to support new customer acquisition.
- Ensure we understand the effectiveness of our product marketing, putting systems in place to monitor and improve our marketing programs
- Use hypothesis driven marketing to test and identify the best channels.
- Work with our marketing automation system and web analytics to assess ROI of campaigns and drive continuous improvement.
- Facilitate sales training on new and existing products.
- Ensure marketing programs are delivered within budget and on time to meet company objectives.
- Ensure the highest possible impact and success for new product launches
- Work closely with the Head of Marketing, Sales and the Product Directors to define and maintain go-to-market plans for our pipeline products.
- Oversee the planning, organisation and execution of product launch promotion across multiple channels.
- Ensure all customer facing material required for the product launch is prepared in good time
- Define and monitor post-launch KPIs to monitor success of the campaigns.
- Contribute proactively to the long-term development of the Company
- Oversee generation of high value content pieces and product white papers that position Fluidic as thought leaders in the space, and deliver the content via events, our website, webinars and other digital platforms.
- Seek to understand the customers problems better than they do, and how our products can deliver the best possible value in their research.
- Be a champion and exemplar of the Company’s values and culture.
Requirements of the Candidate:.
- 4 or more years’ experience in life sciences product marketing, with a proven track record in driving the successful commercialisation of new products across their lifecycle. Experience in protein analysis products and/or life science instrumentation would be preferred.
- A BSc or MSc in a biological discipline such as Biochemistry or Biophysics with a sound technical understanding of protein science and protein analysis methods.
- This position requires extensive planning throughout the product development lifecycle and regular interactions with development, marketing and sales; therefore strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills are required, with an ability to collaborate with multiple key stakeholders in parallel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, with the ability to excite our customers with the breadth of applications enabled by our Fluidity One platform and pipeline products, and how our technology will benefit them.
- A genuine enthusiast for marketing, with a passion for being at the cutting edge of marketing best practice, and a willingness to experiment with new channels to reach the customers that need us.
- A customer-first mindset – working collaboratively with customers and Fluidic teams to ensure we’re building and marketing products that solve real pain points for scientists worldwide.
- A self-starter that can work effectively in different situations, be it as part of a team, across an organisation or on individual projects.
- Exemplar of the Company’s values - competence, integrity and communication.
- Experience using marketing automation (Hubspot) would be desirable.
- Willingness to travel frequently to meet with customers directly or at conferences.
- Ability to work effectively in a small, fast paced company environment.
Interested in learning more?
Please send your CV and a covering letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch shortly.