Do you like being at the forefront of innovation? Do you want to contribute to ground-breaking discoveries in life science and medical diagnostics? Fluidic Analytics is a dynamic, fast-growing company, developing products that enable a better understanding of the biological world in real time.
We are looking for an outstanding Optical Engineer to develop next-generation instruments for protein analysis – from lab tools right now to consumer healthcare in the future. Together with a small, multidisciplinary team you will design, test, and improve the optical systems at the heart of our instruments. Your exceptional problem-solving skills will allow you to quickly and effectively overcome technical challenges to provide solutions that allow our demanding customers to obtain unprecedented results in their protein studies.
- Educated to Masters level in Mechanical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Physics or a related subject or hold a degree coupled with equivalent relevant work experience.
- A strong background in designing, building and testing optical illumination and imaging systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting ability with both theoretical and practical lab-based optics expertise.
- Experience using Zemax OpticStudio is highly desirable.
- Awareness of optical design for manufacture is desirable.
- Enthusiasm to work in the dynamic environment of a small, rapidly-growing company.
- Awareness of timing, the importance of documentation, and commercial considerations.
You can expect an ambitious, exciting role in a high-growth environment and an attractive compensation package with early joiner (first 25) share options.
If you want to be part of an incredible team, apply today. Send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com and we will be in touch shortly.