Fluidic Analytics is a dynamic, early-stage company that designs, develops and manufactures products that seek to revolutionise the way proteins are characterised.
We are seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer whom will be responsible for meeting the daily service maintenance and repair needs of the customer’s equipment. Establish and maintain business relationships with customers and peers as well as performing necessary administrative duties as required and other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To manage and conduct installation of equipment and perform site acceptance tests including IQOQ/PQ. Completing all relevant documentation
- Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
- To respond to emergency breakdowns equipment failure diagnosing and solving technical instrument problems, recording and reporting
- To manage and perform scheduled maintenance/calibration visits as per the service contract schedule in a timely manner.
- Maintain fault log, reporting out MTBF and second fix issues monthly together with KPI’s
- Meeting Health and Human Services, Environmental Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements
- Utilising the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues.
- Identifying and participating in sales opportunities such as new contracts, contract renewals and system sales.
- Adhering to current regulatory requirements to include, but not limited to, EU-OSHA, EMA and FDA.
- Performing risk assessments at customers premises.
- Maintaining tools and test equipment and ensuring they are properly calibrated.
- Provide on-site and remote support
- Provide feedback to development and commercial teams on design issues
- Assist in commissioning and final test when needed
- Provide operational training to customers
- Assist with on-site product demonstrations & exhibitions
- Maintaining frequent communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up.
- Build and maintain positive customer relationships
- Adhere to company expense policy
- Working in the area of laboratory and clean room environment wearing the correct PPE.
- Extended periods of computer usage.
- Long periods away from home and overnight travel at short notice
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, technology-driven biotech start-up and drive the development of one of the core pillars of its growth strategy: software. Benefits include share package, our central Cambridge location, pension scheme, 24 days holiday and access to Cycle-to-Work and similar schemes. Plus, flexible hours and all the IT resources you need to do your best.
Interested in Learning More?
Please send your CV and a covering letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch shortly.