Would you like to work for a company developing tools at the cutting edge of biological analysis? Do you believe that the best way to develop products that really make a difference is to listen to customers, and try to understand their problems better than they do?
Fluidic Analytics envisions a world where information about proteins and their behaviour transforms our understanding of how the biological world operates, and helps all of us make better decisions about how we diagnose diseases, develop treatments and maintain our personal well-being.
By building the world’s best tools, software and services for protein characterisation and making them universally accessible in the lab, in the clinic or at home, we are making this vision a reality not just for a small group of expert users, but for everyone who can benefit.
We are seeking a motivated, organized and methodical analyst to help us understand our customers, markets and competitors, and harness this understanding to create a world-beating product development strategy.
As Fluidic Analytics’ Business Analyst, you’ll assume lead responsibility for strategic market research and analysis including the generation of primary business intelligence to drive decision making throughout the business. The information you gather will help us understand our customers and their needs, guiding our product development and commercialisation strategy. You’ll ensure Fluidic has up-to-date knowledge of our competitors, our existing markets and the markets in which we plan to compete in the future, and you’ll establish systems to disseminate all this information throughout the company.
Working from our Cambridge headquarters and reporting to the Head of Marketing, you’ll plan and deliver research projects and, working with colleagues, synthesise actionable strategies to power high-level decision making.
● A BSc in Life Sciences is essential, with a Masters degree (or higher) preferred.
● 2 or more years’ experience in a business analysis role or similar.
● Highly analytical mind, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to listen are a must.
● Willingness and aptitude to source information from diverse sources, analyse this information critically and in a logical manner and the ability to draw logical conclusions as a result
● This position requires working autonomously on large research projects, pulling together information from multiple sources, and synthesising actionable insights. Applicants should be highly organised and methodical, with an eye for detail, able to stitch together various types of data (qualitative and quantitative) from disparate sources into clear messages.
● A strong aptitude to identify and find new insights utilizing market knowledge gained from industry reports, meetings and conferences.
● Exemplar of the Company’s values - competence, integrity and communication.
● Ability to work effectively in a small, fast paced company environment.
● A high level of familiarity with biochemistry and protein science would be advantageous
This is a fantastic opportunity to work across and with multiple functions of an exciting, technology driven biotech start-up – R&D, product development, marketing, sales. As our Business Analyst, you’ll have the opportunity to play a big role at this critical time for the company, as we move beyond the launch of our first product – the Fluidity One – and develop the transformational products that will follow it.
If you want to be part of an incredible team, apply today. Send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch shortly.