Would you like to work for a company developing tools at the cutting edge of biological analysis? Are you fascinated by testing and demonstrating useful applications for tomorrow’s protein analytic tools?
Fluidic Analytics envisions a world where information about proteins and their behaviour transforms our understanding of how the biological world operates, and helps all of us make better decisions about how we diagnose diseases, develop treatments and maintain our personal well-being.
By building the world’s best tools, software and services for protein characterisation and making them universally accessible in the lab, in the clinic or at home, we are making this vision a reality not just for a small group of expert users, but for everyone.
As an Application Scientist at Fluidic Analytics, you’ll produce novel and effective applications to ensure our products deliver the highest levels of functionality for users. You will establish application protocols and testing programmes that ensure our commercial products meet user requirements as effectively as our early prototypes do. You’ll develop, maintain and build on our in-depth understanding of the capabilities of our products and technologies to keep us at the leading edge of product and technological innovation. At all times you will look to develop innovative solutions to diversify and improve our products. You will work closely with the existing applications team and receive excellent support from our engineers and scientists.
Working from our Cambridge headquarters and reporting to the Head of R&D, you’ll conceive, develop and demonstrate to the highest level innovative applications for the Company’s analytical instruments.
Purpose of the job
- To conceive, develop and demonstrate to the highest level innovative applications for the Company’s analytical instruments
Requirements and Duties
Produce novel and effective applications to ensure the Company’s products deliver the highest levels of functionality for users
- Design and develop applications that meet user functional requirements
- Perform and supervise the collection of high quality data for publication in Company factsheets
- Diligently record and report both positive and negative results for internal distribution
- Provide insightful scientific input within the applications team and to the broader Company
- Make recommendations to implement and improve the Company’s product designs and development strategies based on a deep understanding of a broad range of relevant applications
- On request, provide scientific support to customers and assist with analysis of users’ results
Establish protocols and testing programmes that ensure the Company’s commercial products meet user requirements as effectively as its early prototypes
- Incorporate chosen solutions into the Company’s products and production methods
- Ensure that product design achieves the functionality required to meet user application demands
- Contribute to internal testing to validate performance of instrument prototypes and early products
Develop, maintain and build on the Company’s in-depth understanding of the capabilities of its products and technologies to keep the company at the leading edge of product and technological innovation
- Proactively maintain an overview of the capabilities of competitors and develop applications to challenge these
- Identify, characterise and communicate the strengths and weaknesses of the Company’s prototype instruments
Actively contribute to the diversification of the Company’s product portfolio to identify and exploit key market opportunities
- Research applications with further potential to improve the Company’s product pipeline
- Work with the sales and marketing teams to identify key customer application areas and demonstrate these on the Company’s products
- Identify new technologies and suppliers that could lead to product innovation
Requirements of the Candidate:
- PhD in biophysics, biochemistry, chemical engineering or similar fields
- Hands on research experience in a relevant field
- Data driven
- Independent and creative in finding solutions and identifying opportunities
- Ability to work in a small company environment
- Experience working in an SME (small to medium-sized enterprise) beneficial but not essential
- Competence, integrity and communication
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, technology driven biotech start-up with plans to fundamentally improve the way proteins are analysed. As our Applications Scientist you’ll play a central role in the development of our transformational pipeline products. Benefits include share options, our central Cambridge location, pension scheme, 24 days holiday, access to Cycle-to-Work and similar schemes, and flexible hours.
Interested in Learning More?
Please send your CV and a covering letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch shortly.