We are seeking a passionate software engineer to help our scientists and mechanical engineers develop new microfluidic instruments for protein analysis. You will have strong teamworking skills, have a hacker mindset and play a leading role in the development of our instruments from R&D to product launch. You will work with the hardware team, writing code to control research and prototype instruments, and to collect and manipulate data from the instruments.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting, technology-driven biotech start-up and drive the development of one of the core pillars of its growth strategy: software.
You’ve Got This covered:
- Excellent programming experience in Python and C
- Experience writing software that interfaces with hardware e.g. pumps and Robotic devices
- Skilled at data manipulation and presentation
- Software testing experience including writing automated test scripts
- Experience of developing API’s to control bespoke electronic equipment
- Ability to work on your own and organise work tasks to deadlines with little supervision
- Practical pragmatic results-oriented mindset
- Ability to take requirements from non-software scientists, design a solution and explain back to them what you are proposing in non-software language that they will understand.
- A high-level of competence, integrity and communication
Nice to haves:
- Experience programming LABVIEW and/or C#
- Experience programming in Java
- Experience breadboarding and programming Raspberry Pi and/or microcontrollers such as PIC, STM32, Arduino, BeagleBone or similar
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Share Options Scheme
- Flexible working
- Company Pension
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Cycle to work/ Tech scheme’s
- Employee assistance program
- Free fruit and as much tea and coffee as you can drink
- An inclusive team environment where your contribution will truly make a difference
If you would like to be part of our exceptional team, please send your CV and a covering letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch shortly.