As Regional Sales Manager you will; be Boston based with a territory covering the East Coast; driving adoption and sales of the Company’s technology through building a world class sales team, maintaining customer networks and delivering the ideal customer experience.
1) Be the field sales leader for the US, building, developing and managing the US sales team and working directly with customers to drive adoption and utilisation of our technology across the territory;
For the assigned territory:
- Organisation and execution of prospecting and lead qualification
- Closing sales opportunities effectively and efficiently
- Meet or exceed territory sales targets
As US sales manager
- Drive the growth of the US business, identifying and implementing strategic methods for targeting new customers & markets
- Provide mentoring and guidance to field sales throughout the sales process
- Promote company technology through business development efforts; onsite with customers and at relevant trade shows
- Help expansion in the US through continuous evaluation and hiring of new members of the sales team
- Forecast and track territory targets for entire team
- Ensure US sales targets are met or exceeded
2) Manage the territory sales process and the field sales team, ensuring exceptional customer experience and utilising in-house CRM and processes.
- Use designated CRM to record and manage the sales process from logging initial calls and emails through the quoting process to receipt of purchase order
- Record customer and competition information in CRM to better understand market and competitive trends
- Follow best practises and naming conventions to allow company wide access to CRM data, and ensure the team follows your example
- Provide accurate and timely sales forecasts for each reporting period, setting appropriate targets for each territory
3) Work with applications, marketing and technical teams to identify and translate best practice with regards to new application, product and market developments.
- Work closely with application colleagues to continually improve the effectiveness of demos, ensuring best possible chance of winning business
- Use interactions with customers and the market to assist the marketing team in formulating the best marketing collateral and strategies, focusing on defined target markets
- Continually feedback relevant market information to support commercial and development teams
4) Identify, build and manage a network of customers and opinion leaders to inform application and product development decisions.
- Build relationships and rapport with application specific opinion leaders to drive user community and ultimately adoption of current and future products
- Leverage customer knowledge to promote network selling and customer to customer promotion
- Build and maintain loyal customer reference sites, to aid sales process and provide customer endorsements
You’ve Got This Covered:
- MSc or PhD in biophysics, biochemistry, protein biology or similar field.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in scientific instrument sales, with track record of sales success
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in building and managing a sales team
- Established relevant life science, Biotech and Pharma networks essential
- Excellent knowledge of the major US life science territories and competitor user base.
- Knowledge and experience of sales strategy planning and ability to define expected sales metrics and outcomes
- Ability to work effectively with others to accomplish organizational goals and identify and resolve problems
- Up to 50% domestic travel (Eastern US), some international travel required (company HQ meetings)
- Full driving license
Interested in Learning More?
Please send your CV and a covering letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch shortly.