We are looking for an experienced Workshop Technician to be responsible for supporting the product design and engineering teams during our new product development phases.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineering workshop technician to contribute to the development of highly innovative scientific instruments and technologies for life sciences and clinical diagnostics. You will support the product development teams by fabricating and assembling prototype instruments, creating test fixtures, and performing basic test measurements in collaboration with the product development teams.
A practical, self-starter you will have experience of fabricating mechanical components, PCBAs, wiring harnesses, and prototype electro-mechanical assemblies. Ideally, you will also have worked in a new product development environment, working with closely with design engineers to realising designs, and performing testing of assembled prototypes.
You’ve got this covered:
- 5+ years’ experience in a multi-skilled product development environment ideally within the life sciences / medical device / scientific instrumentation industry
- HNC / HND qualified or apprentice trained in a relevant engineering discipline
- Mechanical skills, assembly and fabrication of components
- Electrical skills, PCBAs, wiring assemblies and soldering (ideally to IPC standard)
- Experience in operation of manual lathes and mills machines, and hand tools
- Understanding of technical drawings
- CAD experience (preferably SolidWorks)
- Structured, methodical individual with good problem-solving skill
- Enthusiastic, flexible and keen approach to learning
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Share Options Scheme
- Flexible working
- Company Pension
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- Well-being initiatives
- Cycle to work/ Tech scheme’s
- Employee assistance program
- Free fruit and as much tea and coffee as you can drink
- Inclusive team environment where your contribution will truly make a difference
If you would like to be part of our exceptional team, please send your CV and a covering letter to our Careers email usng the link below. We will be in touch shortly.