We are looking for an experienced Head of Engineering to lead the engineering team; responsible for new product development at Fluidic Analytics. In this senior leadership role, you will work closely with the other functional heads to ensure the engineering teams responsible for new product development have the skills, competence and processes to efficiently and effectively deliver new products into series production.
This is an opportunity for an experienced design manager to contribute to the development of highly innovative instruments and technologies for life sciences and clinical diagnostics. You will have extensive experience of bringing complex scientific platforms into series manufacturing through the prototype, design, verification, validation and industrialisation design life cycles, and experience of working within a regulated Quality Management System.
You will closely work with Research, Software, UX, Quality, Production and Marketing to plan and execute on NPI projects delivering and deliver on business commitments. You will be hands-on, pragmatic and resolutive, with skills at solving problems, and have a wide range of relevant design experience, competencies, and knowledge.
You've Got This Covered:
- 10+ years’ experience in developing products or technologies within the life sciences / medical device / scientific instrumentation industry
- Degree class 2:1 or above in Engineering / Science or equivalent relevant qualification
- An enthusiasm for leading a team with successful outcomes
- A thorough understanding of the principles of the design and manufacture of electro-mechanical / optical / scientific instrumentation
- A thorough understanding of the design and manufacture of high-volume injection moulded consumables
- Demonstrable experience of developing successful products under time constraints, to cost and quality objectives
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and RCA techniques
- Ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams, and interact with customers when needed
- Track record demonstrating excellent competence, integrity, and communication skills
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday
- Share Options Scheme
- Flexible working
- Company Pension
- Group Income Protection
- Group Life Assurance
- Well-being initiatives
- Cycle to work/ Tech scheme’s
- Employee assistance program
- Free fruit and as much tea and coffee as you can drink
- Inclusive team environment where your contribution will truly make a difference
If you would like to be part of our exceptional team, please send your CV and a covering letter to our Careers email usng the link below. We will be in touch shortly.