This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic Electronics Engineer to contribute to the development of highly innovative scientific instruments and technologies for life sciences and clinical diagnostic applications.
As Electronics Engineer you will support the design, integration, and testing of PCBAs during product development processes and into manufacturing.
You will be collaborating with the engineers and scientists to fully integrate the PCBAs into the system to deliver a mixture of real time control, power conditioning, communications, optical acquisition, mixed analogue / digital processing, and UI functions. In supporting this development, you will perform and document functional, EMC, reliability, and safety compliance testing of the electronic sub-systems. Additionally, you will undertake updates to circuit schematics and PCBA layout files, prepare E-CAD data packages for suppliers, and support the transfer into manufacturing of the PCBAs.
We are looking for someone who will be hands-on, pragmatic and resolutive, with skills at solving problems, and have a wide range of relevant electronic design experience, competencies, and knowledge.
You've Got This Covered:
- 1+ years’ experience in a product development environment ideally within the life sciences / medical device / scientific instrumentation industry
- Degree / HNC / HND qualified or apprentice trained in an electrical / electronic engineering discipline
- Good understanding of electronic engineering principles, analogue and digital electronic circuit design, especially applied to real-time embedded systems
- Familiarity with designing and testing to safety and EMC standards
- Competence with common laboratory equipment for testing and debugging PCBAs
- Thorough understanding of E-CAD circuit design tools (Altium Designer 20) and PCBA manufacturing processes including test and inspection methodologies
- Competence in reworking PCBAs, wiring assemblies and soldering (ideally to IPC standards)
- Structured, methodical individual with good problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, flexible and keen approach to learning
If you would like to be part of our exceptional team, please send your CV and a covering letter to our Careers email usng the link below. We will be in touch shortly.