Fluidic Analytics brings together the best of biophysical and digital technologies to help our customers understand the machinery of life.
We believe we’ll get the best out of our team if we treat them well. We value people for who they are and for the contribution they make, and invest in their ongoing development. We are very purposeful in our recruitment and fiercely protective of our team - we hire individuals who will lift up the team and own their contribution. And we strive for a healthy working culture - our team all have lives outside of work!
A Cambridge job, a global company
Fluidic Analytics was formed in 2013 as a spin-out from the University of Cambridge. Since then we’ve grown to more than 20 people, with collaborators in Europe, North America and around the world. Our team includes people from more than ten nationalities trained as biochemists, physicists, embedded software developers, project managers, cloud computing developers, mechanical engineers, data scientists, marketers, optics scientists and molecular biologists, to name just a few.
“This is the best team I’ve ever worked with – committed, hardworking, intelligent, a fantastic environment and fun"
"I’m motivated by the day to day engineering work, but I can do that in other companies. Here it’s the sense of achievement and the impact I can have in a small company"
"...it feels like something good is about to happen"
"I’m interested in the long term vision of making a difference to how diseases are diagnosed"
"I like working on hardware-software interfaces, with a tech focus – this is ideal!"
Why work at Fluidic Analytics...
- Because you could transform the way that diseases are diagnosed, drugs are developed and the way we interact with the biological world..... or you could build another app
- Life is too short to work in anything less than an exceptional team
- We will invest heavily to ensure that you leave us even better than when you arrived
- The chance to build what could be one of the most influential businesses in history doesn't come along every day.
... and some tips for getting a job here
- Do things that make the biggest difference first
- Understand -- not just know, understand -- the customer, their problem, what a good solution looks like to them and the tools you have available to deliver it
- Identify the solution most likely to succeed, whether you take it off the shelf or invent it from scratch
- Think about how you like to communicate with others and what roles you most like to play in a team
Whether you’re a scientist looking for an opportunity in one of the world’s great life-science hubs or a software developer looking to apply your knowledge to a transformative new application, be sure to take a look at our open vacancies.
Life at Fluidic Analytics
Fluidic Analytics is based at Chesterton Mill in Cambridge city centre - a short walk from the shops, pubs, cafes and sights of Cambridge.
All our team have access to the technology and resources they need to be effective - we want everyone to be able to do their best work.
We’re a sociable bunch, whether it’s enjoying some of Cambridge’s drinking or eating establishments after work, demonstrating how not to punt on the Cam, doing some team building at the Escape Rooms on our away day, or bringing together everyone at our family friendly summer and Christmas parties.
Benefits of working at Fluidic Analytics
Early contributors will benefit from our success
Flexible working hours
A family (& life) friendly environment
Every fortnight we order in and brainstorm on company challenges
City centre location
A short bike ride from everything - shops, cafes, restaurants and more
Business book budget
Need a book? Order it no questions asked
Plus the usual...
Including a company pension, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme membership and more